Green Flag has announced the 10 top parks chosen in the People’s Choice Award category.
A record-breaking 73,349 votes decided the nation’s favourite parks.
This year, Green Flag awarded 1,799 Green Flag Awards to the best-managed parks and green spaces. To find the best of the best, it asked the public to vote for their favourite greenspaces.
Four of the winning sites (Cassiobury Park, Saltwell Park, the Wilderness Lake and Whiteknights campus) have been awarded this accolade for the first time this year.
Paul Todd, international Green Flag Award manager, said: “Following the success of this summer’s #LoveParks Week, the record number of votes for the People’s Choice Awards – more than double the number received last year – shows how much their favourite green spaces mean to people.
“Massive congratulations to our 10 hugely deserving winners, and all the staff, volunteers and supporters who work so hard to maintain these well-loved green spaces to such a high standard.”
The 2017 People’s Choice Award-winning parks (in alphabetical order) are:
- Arlington Square Gardens – Arlington Association
- Cassiobury Park – Watford Borough Council
- Clifton Park – Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council
- Margam Park – Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council
- Millennium Country Park – Forest of Marston Vale Trust
- Saltwell Park – Gateshead Council
- Strathaven Park – South Lanarkshire Council
- The Wilderness Lake Porthcawl – Bridgend County Borough Council
- Warley Woods – Warley Woods Community Trust
- Whiteknights – University of Reading