Finalists in the SGD Student Awards 2017 have been announced by the Society of Garden Designers.
Chosen by a judging panel including garden designers Andy Sturgeon FSGD and Debbie Roberts MSGD from Acres Wild, seven finalists have been selected with a total of ten projects across two categories.
There was a record 64 entries, higher than any previous year, the judges made note of the quality of the visuals the students used to present their projects and the creativity displayed in their designs.
The finalists came from a wide range of UK colleges including Inchbald School of Design, London College of Garden Design, The Cotswold Gardening School and Writtle University College.
Student Design – Commercial:
- Nicky Burridge – London College of Garden Design – Cambridge Cottage
- Kate Harvey – London College of Garden Design – Lakeside Retreat
- Steve Williams – The Cotswold Gardening School – Slimbridge Wetland Centre
- Eun Jung Jun – Writtle University College – The Lifestyle Garden
- Alex Pojer – Inchbald School of Design – Villa on Lake Garda
Student Design – Domestic:
- Nicky Burridge – London College of Garden Design – Welcome Home
- Sheila Jack – London College of Garden Design – Modern Surrey Garden
- Sheila Jack – London College of Garden Design – Contemporary Garden, Kent
- Katie Duff – London College of Garden Design – Surrey Hills Family Garden
- Steve Williams – The Cotswold Gardening School – The Cut
The winning students will be announced alongside the winners in all the main SGD Award categories at the SGD Awards ceremony on Friday 2nd February 2018 at London’s Landmark Hotel. Tickets for the ceremony go on sale online on 20th October 2017.