A sensory woodland garden at a children’s hospice, a public garden at an Historic Royal Palace and a roof garden in London are among the projects which have made the shortlist of 33 across 13 SGD 2017 Awards categories.
Chosen by an independent judging panel drawn from experts across the industry, the projects represent some of the very best in garden design from right across the UK and abroad.
The shortlisted projects in the three Residential Garden categories and in the International, Public & Communal Outdoor Space, Garden Jewel and Roof Garden categories will now be entered into the People’s Choice Award which opens for votes on 1 October via the SGD Awards website.
The same finalists will also be competing for the Grand Award, which will be decided by the main judging panel.
[box type=”shadow” align=”” class=”” width=””]SHORTLISTED PROJECTS:
- Brede Place – Marian Boswall MSGD
- Chestnut Tree House – Ann-Marie Powell Gardens, principal designer Ann-Marie Powell MSGD
- Coach House – Jane Brockbank MSGD
- Courtyard, West London – Karen Rogers
- Domaine de Cambou – Fiona Stephenson MSGD
- Estuary Garden – Ian Kitson FSGD
- Great Martins – Matt Keightley MSGD
- Hale Garden – Carolyn Willitts
- Harbour Garden – Helen Elks-Smith MSGD
- Islington Courtyard Garden – Charlotte Rowe MSGD
- Kennet Gardens – Alexandra Froggatt
- Pelorus – David Loy
- Plimsoll Terrace – Emily Erlam
- Private Gloucestershire Estate – Lulu Urquhart and Adam Hunt
- Ridgmount – Acres Wild, principal designer Debbie Roberts MSGD
- Shared Courtyard Garden, Manchester – Anne Windsor
- Sinuous Path – Sue Townsend MSGD
- Sopwell House Hotel – Ann-Marie Powell Gardens, principal designer Ann-Marie Powell MSGD
- The Magic Garden – Robert Myers MSGD
- Tyre Hill House – Matt Keightley MSGD
- Villa Balbiano – Christian Sweet MSGD
- Villa Palmera – James Basson MSGD
- Vineyard Mews – Matt Keightley MSGD
- Westmeon – The Garden Company, principal designer James Scott MSGD
- Willifield – The Garden Company, principal designer James Scott MSGD
- Woodlands – Sarah Jarman and Anna Murphy[/box]
Finalists in the SGD student categories will be announced later in October.
The winners of all 19 awards, including the Lifetime Achievement Award, the Grand Award, the Judges’ Award and the People’s Choice Award, will be revealed at The SGD Awards ceremony on Friday 2 February 2018 at the London’s Landmark Hotel.
Tickets for the ceremony go on sale online on 20th October.